More and more retailers, restaurants, grocery stores and other businesses are offering the convenience of curbside pick-up in order to cater to shoppers’ busy schedules and to those that are hesitant about entering stores. Ensuring that curbside pick-up customers remain loyal customers means having a system that allows customers to get in and out within minutes.
AT&T’s Curbside Pick-Up Management technology helps to solve that problem. Get near-real-time measurements for:
- Parking space occupancy
- Vehicle parking space position or drive-thru lane position
- Arrival and departure times
- Length of time in parking space or drive-thru lane (e.g. wait or service times)
- Dashboard and application alerts (e.g. know when a vehicle has arrived for curbside pick-up)
The number of orders placed online and picked up at brick-and-mortar stores by customers surged 208% between April 1 and April 20 compared with a year ago, according to data pulled from Adobe Analytics, which measures the web transactions of 80 of the top 100 internet retailers in the U.S. This trend is not likely to go away as people become accustomed to the convenience. The benefits of offering or updating your curbside pick-up technology include:
- Improved customer experiences with shorter wait times
- Saving money with more efficient processes
- Tracking of peak visit days/times to inform staffing
- Ability for contactless transactions that protect your customers and your staff
- Savings potential of reducing shipping costs
To learn more about this technology and how you can integrate it into your business, contact Valerie at 715-330-4200.